Sunday, April 6, 2008

Metal Roof, Gong, & Fountain Area

The metal roof over the bar area and on the dog house are now finished. (The sections of fence in the lower left are surrounding a desert willow until it is big enough to be dog proof. And the red thing on the right is the concrete mixer that I need to get out of the dog yard.)


I bought an Indonesian gong from gongs-unlimited. It is 18 inches in diameter (sorry I couldn't spend over a grand for a 36" one). It is hanging across from the front door since I don't have a doorbell.




The fountain area was surrounded by ugly white rock. (I like natural rocks.) The metal outlet for the fountain was rusted out from being too close to the ground. I repaired, raised and replaced the outlet, bought a new pump and planted Liriope (monkey grass) around the fountain.

Fountain Area Before:




Fountain Area After:




Well, I think it looks much better. The pot with an aloe is to partially block the electrical outlet box. The big bush is a jojoba which probably took up residence by itself (They are one of the most prolific desert shrubs and it does stay (grayish) green year round.