Sunday, May 3, 2009

Fireplace Column Mounted TV

I mounted a Samsung 37" LCD TV on the side of the firplace column that faces the kitchen and recliner sitting area. It is on a cantilever arm mount so it can be pulled out from the wall and turned to face the kitchen or the recliners directly. I built the floating shelf below it to hold a Mac Mini so we can use it as a computer monitor. The black cable danging on the right goes to an external hard drive I attached to the USB port temporarily when I was watching a movie (forgot to remove it before the picture). I can play mpeg 4 movies directly from a USB drive (Pretty cool since I had already converted several movies to MP4 to play on the iPhone). The slideshows off of USB drives are also nice - who needs a tiny digital picture frame now!

(The screen is displaying Jim's Mathematica website stuff from the Mac Mini.)

No comments: