Saturday, July 9, 2011

New Laundry Room Exterior Door

     I replaced the laundry room exterior door.  I put window film on the glass to cut UV (Don't want to fade the Spinone Revolution Poster I made.) and reduce heat. I still need to finish the frame around the door on the inside - but first I need to finish the laundry room tile and slate baseboards. I will also put slate around the door frame. Amazingly, I got Jim to help bring the door in and hold it up while I leveled everything and got the initial screws in to hold it in place. I greatly appreciated his help. His policy is that I am to never ask him to help with manual labor on MY projects. I painted, stained and polyurethaned the door in place since it is an exterior out-swing the rod in the hinges do not come out and I didn't want to remove the hinges from the frame.
     I initially planned to hang the door myself, then decided to pay someone but he never got back to me soon enough so I went ahead an did the work myself (Easy to do and really not worth paying someone else).  Since I still have the exterior door down to the garage to hang, the money I saved can buy me a new tool or two :-). Of course Jim said I could give it to him for his labor.

Exterior: Sideways blowing monsoon rain and winds has already gotten the outside dirty. I installed window film on the glass panes to block UV and reduce heat when the early morning sun hits the window. I didn't want to fade the Spinone Revolution Poster that I made hanging in the laundry room.

Interior: (Still tiling the floor & baseboards so I haven't done around the door frame.)

No comments: