Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Upstairs mini split - a lifesaver

I have two large heat pumps but both controls are downstairs and my upstairs office, TV, photography area is always hot and unbearable in the hot Tucson summers because all the heat from downstairs rises and in order to keep the upstairs cold, the downstairs has to be a refrigerator. ($$$)

On 3Apr2015 I installed a Fujitsu Halcyon DC Inverter mini split AC (also will heat but I never need that). This is so energy efficient and keeps the upstairs nicely cooled so unless it gets really hot I don't even need to use my downstairs heat pumps to cool much and when I do they can be set to a higher temperature.

The indoor unit is mounted on the wall at ceiling level:

The outdoor unit is on the roof next to one of my larger heat pumps:

This unit was one of the best house purchases I have made and wish I had done so sooner as I had many miserable summers working in a hot office.

No comments: