Sunday, June 24, 2007

Kicthen, Laundry Room, Bar Area

Kitchen & Laundry Room
The first project was to paint the laundry room and kitchen. Here is the before picture.

The after pictures are quite dramatic. I painted the ceiling flat ultra pure white and the wall are iced tea (Behr flat enamel). The paint is an orange red but not as bright as it appears in the pictures. I also replaced the outlet covers and wall plates with satin nickel plates and refinished the air vent a stainless steel color. I still need to replace the wall ovens.
Laundry Room:

Wall between laundry room and kitchen:

Kitchen: (Notice I also painted the track lights a dark anodized bronze)

View of kitchen from living room:

Bar Area of Living Room
The original bar area is shown below:

There was some water damaged drywall in the bar area. I repaired all of the damage. The original back splash was damaged so I replaced it with a multicolor slate back splash. I also replaced the travertine around the skylight with slate and had a Huper Optik Drei UV and heat blocking window film installed on the skylight. The bar area is painted Iced Tea like the kitchen and laundry room. Here are my changes:



You may have noticed the living room area has also changed. That will be the topic of the next posting.

No comments: