Monday, May 28, 2012

Finished Garage Corner & Garage Entertainment

I finished the garage corner. I now have a rolling working bench that can be moved out of the way for cleaning (and it keeps pack rats from forming a nest). 5 upper cabinets, metal pegboard backing with power strip. I installed electrical in the corner and a two bulb fluorescent light above and a light switch in the corner.

Bare corner after ripping out old built-in cabinet:
Finished corner:
I found the right size plastic boxes to fill the space above the upper cabinets so I have organized storage space available. 

Entertainment: I took my old original non HD LCD TV and put it in the upper cabinet attached to a Roku box so I can watch Net flix's or other Roku features while I am in the garage. I also have a portable iPod dock and FM radio I use with an old iPod Touch that is not show. I guess I don't have an excuse not to keep the garage clean now.

I've never been a big fan of displaying tools on peg board. I prefer the clean look of every thing in a closed drawer or cabinet. But the metal panels make it look cooler and I'll just have to figure out how I can use them. I did all of this work by myself  with the usual injuries I always seem to get from my projects.

No comments: