Saturday, May 26, 2012

Removal of Corner Garage Built-in Cabinet

I never liked the built-in cabinet at the corner of the garage by the stairs and had always planned to remove it. This post covers the removal and what I found. A future post will cover what I put in the corner to replace the built-in.

Removal already started:

 Pack Rats were living under the base having gained access by chewing next to the pipe and making their own hole in the toe board.

What would I find under the bottom?

     A couple of dessicated dead rats:
Comfy little bed nests:
     Made from multiple mop heads and cotton work gloves taken from the garage.


Misc Items from the garage:
     The new screw hooks I thought I bought but couldn't find.
      A razor blade scrapper
      A PS/2 to USB keyboard adapter
      An aluminum tent stake
     Chewing gum wrappers
      Velcro ties
     Other items found - fruit slices I would put in my cricket container (a galavanized trash can) in the garage to feed the crickets, birdseed - from the other side of the house, wood scraps, wood mixing sticks, mesquite beans, plastic spoons, scraps of paper, cholla cactus pieces, paper tools, etc.  

     The rat(s) even collected dog poop from the other side of the house to bring into the midden.
The culprit:
     This pack rat ran out when I pulled the bottom board off.

Destructive but very cute.

No comments: